Pleasure Divers is a great place to learn to scuba dive. It has more than 20 years of experience, boasts the only purpose built dive training pool on Magnetic Island Located and offers easy access dive sites from Geoffrey Bay shore including the Moltke Shipwreck.
3 DAYS SSI OPEN WATER DIVE COURSE
Cost: $ 350
Inclusions: online theory, 2 or 3 pool sessions, 4 shore ocean dives off beautiful Magnetic Island, dive gear and all course material.
- Day 1 is spent meeting your fellow students, going through the paperwork and the online theory completed prior to the course. Finish off the day in the pool introducing you to your scuba equipment.
- Day 2 will see you jump in the purpose built pool, learn all the skills and increase your confidence before going to Alma Bay for your first ocean dive.
- Day 3 you will be feeling excited to complete your remaining 3 ocean dives and finish off with the final exam followed by getting certified as an Open Water diver!
PREREQUISITES FOR OPEN WATER COURSES:
- Swim 200m without mask, snorkel or fins
- Float or tread water for 10 minutes without flotation device
- All open-water students are required to complete a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course. If you have had any of the medical conditions mentioned in the medical questionnaire, or are over 45, or have a body mass index over 30 an a waist circumference greater than 102cm for males and 88cm for females, a dive medical that meets Australian Standard Appendices A and B of AS 4005.1-2000 will be required.
If diving is not for you, Pleasure Divers offers also snorkel gear hire. With local professionals helping you maximize your snorkeling experience and some of the best locations right on our front door.