SeaLink Magnetic Island Service Update, effective from Friday the 11th of September 2020.
SeaLink North Queensland would like to advise from Friday the 11th of September 2020 there will be increase in daily services with the reintroduction of some evening services Monday through Thursday and extra weekend services. Below is a summary of the changes:
Additional departures Monday to Thursday
- From the Breakwater Terminal at 7.30pm
- From Magnetic Island at 8:00pm
- From the Breakwater Terminal at 9:15pm
- From Magnetic Island at 10.00pm
- The 8:30pm from the Breakwater Terminal and the 9:00pm from Magnetic Island will cease.
Additional departures on Saturday
- From the Breakwater Terminal at 7.45am
- From Magnetic Island at 8:25am
Additional departures on Sunday
- From the Breakwater Terminal at 9:30am
- From Magnetic Island at 10:15am
SeaLink would like to thank the community and island businesses for their continued support of our staff and crew as we continue sustainably reintroduce services. Our ability to reintroduce services has been supported by strong regional travel across the weekends from fellow Queenslanders travelling to Magnetic Island and this will continue for upcoming school holiday period.
The difficult but necessary restrictions that remain in place including border closures within Australia and Internationally continue to have a significant impact on overall travel numbers. However, SeaLink will continue to assess the timetable as travel restrictions ease and where sustainable to do so, we will continue to add additional services.
As SeaLink operates under the Queensland Government COVID Safe Public Transport Plan, when travelling with us as per government advice, it is important to continue to do your part by exercising good personal hygiene, wherever possible leave a gap between yourself and other passengers, avoid peak service times and crowded areas and stay home if you are unwell.Passengers who are concerned about travelling should avoid the below peak services and/or consider wearing a face mask:
Peak services departing from Townsville
- Daily: 3:45pm departure,
- Friday: 9.30am, 12:55pm departures,
- Saturday morning: 8:45am,9.30am, 10.30am and 11.30am departures,
- Sunday morning: 8:45am departure,
Peak services departing from Magnetic Island
- Saturday afternoon: 4:25pm departure,
- Sunday: 11:10am and 1.35pm departures,
We are here to help so please spare a moment to thank the dedicated front line SeaLink staff & crew who continue to work hard to provide a safe, clean, reliable, and sustainable service for the community.