By purchasing a ticket, SeaLink Pty Ltd ACN 010 428 766 (SeaLink) passengers agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of travel:
- SeaLink is not a common carrier and reserves the rights to refuse to carry any passenger, baggage or goods at its discretion.
- As a passenger, you agree that you will accept the delivery of services from SeaLink at your own risk. SeaLink will not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever or whatsoever caused, as a consequence or arising, indirectly or directly, out of the provisions of services to a passenger, including, loss and/or damage occasioned by SeaLink and/or its agents and/or its employees negligence.
- The passenger hereby undertakes to abide by the SeaLinks' Code of Conduct as follows:
- The passenger shall present themselves at the terminal a minimum of fifteen (15) minutes prior to their service's scheduled departure time.
- SeaLink staff reserve the right to refuse travel to any passenger with an invalid or illegible ticket.
- SeaLink ferry tickets are non refundable.
- The passenger agrees to produce an Australian concession card or proof of identification at the request of SeaLink staff. (International concession does not apply)
- Activities such as cycling, rollerskating, skateboarding and other such potentially hazardous behaviour are strictly prohibited within the terminals or onboard the ferry. Criminal charges may apply.
- The passenger shall not perform upon any musical instrument, distribute any advertising materials or offer any product for sale within the terminals or onboard the ferry.
- SeaLink staff shall strictly enforce all applicable liquor licensing legislation, including, but not limited to the Palm Island Alcohol Management Plan for services between Palm Island and Townsville.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within the terminals and onboard the ferry.
- The passenger shall not board, or alight from, or attempt to board or alight from the ferry whilst it is in motion, or without permission from the crew. Civil penalties may apply.
- The passenger must not obstruct passageways, they are to seek assistance from crew with regards to luggage, pram or wheelchair placement during voyage
- The passenger must be wearing a shirt to be permitted to sit inside ferry cabins
- Verbally or physically abusive or threatening behaviour of any nature is strictly prohibited within the terminal and onboard the ferry. Criminal charges may apply.
- School students travelling or on the ferry on a Queensland Transport subsidy are required to abide by the Queensland Transport Code of Conduct for school bus travel. Copies of the code are available from Queensland Transport or SeaLink.
- All children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when travelling outside the official school runs - 7:10am, 7:50am and 3:45pm (unless travelling home after school related activities i.e. sport, school production etc.).
SEALINK LUGGAGE POLICY
- Due to Workplace Health and Safety regulations, SeaLink crew cannot carry or assist with luggage that exceeds 20kg or one cubic metre in size
- Passengers are responsible for managing their own luggage within the terminal. Passengers requiring assistance with boarding and/or disembarking the ferry should seek assistance from a crew member when boarding commences. Trolleys are available for hire, please see the sales staff for rates.
- Backpacks are to be carried on by the passenger and stowed in the luggage area as per directions from the crew.
- All luggage is to be stowed in accordance with crew's directions and should not restrict access to safety equipment or block aisles or emergency exits
- SeaLink cannot store any luggage at any time at Breakwater or Nelly Bay Terminals. Coin operated luggage lockers are located in the Breakwater Terminal and accessible during Terminal operation hours.
- SeaLink takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage in terminals or onboard the ferries
- SeaLink reserves the right to refuse to carry luggage that does not comply with our Luggage Policy or Dangerous Goods Code and the vessel's Master has the final decision
SEALINK FREIGHT POLICY
- Freight will only be accepted up to twenty (25) minutes prior to scheduled service's departure Freight arriving after this time will be sent on the next service
- Charges apply for freight based on weight
- It is the responsibility of the sender to notify the recipient which service the freight has been sent on to arrange collection.
- Freight is able to be sent over on all services from 7.45am to 3.45pm
- All freight requires a consignment note to be filled out
- Due to Workplace Health and Safety regulations, SeaLink cannot accept freight that exceeds 20kg or one cubic metre in size
- SeaLink reserves the right to refuse to carry freight that does not comply with our Freight Policy or Dangerous Goods Code and the vessel's Master has the final decision
- All freight should be collected from the ferry service it is on. If freight is not collected from the vessel, it can be collected from the SeaLink Travel Desk in Nelly Bay Terminal between the hours of 8.00am - 4.30pm. Freight not collected by 4.30pm will be returned to Breakwater Terminal, Townsville and will incur a second freight charge.
- SeaLink takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to freight
- No freight is to be left in any SeaLink terminal overnight unless prior arrangements have been made with the Terminal Supervisor.
DANGEROUS GOODS CODE
To comply with the Dangerous Goods Code, SeaLink vessels are not permitted to carry the following as freight or luggage:
TRAVELLING WITH ANIMALS
When passengers are boarding a ferry with a pet or other animal:
- The vessel master may refuse the animal on board if the ferry is reaching capacity.
- Animals that aren’t clean, appear vicious or likely to annoy, threaten or inconvenience others will not be allowed to board.
- Dogs are to be muzzled and travel on the outer deck. These restrictions do not apply to assistance dogs.
- Animals other than dogs must be restrained in a suitable box, basket or container at all times. They are permitted to travel in enclosed ferry cabins when the box used will contain any mess the animal will make; and the box is covered to prevent exposure to allergy sufferers.
- If an animal becomes noisy or bothers others, crew members may request they travel on the outer deck.
- Animals are not allowed on seats and must not obstruct passageways.
- Owners should keep their animal away from other travelling animals.
- Animals will not be carried as freight and must be with their owner at all times.
With regard to any of the above Terms and Conditions, please direct any queries to the Vessel Master, who has the final decision on boarding requirements.