SeaLink QLD incurred a 30 minute delay on the 7.50am ferry from Magnetic Island this morning.
As the primary transportation between Townsville and Magnetic Island for local residents and visitors, SeaLink QLD prides itself on great customer service and state-of-the-art high-speed vessels.
‘Our skipper identified a battery fault on board Pacific Cat whilst moored at Nelly Bay this morning and took action immediately to call another SeaLink QLD vessel to Nelly Bay to collect the passengers and minimise delays to our services,' SeaLink QLD General Manager Paul Victory said.
‘We run a comprehensive ferry passenger service for the community, with 18 return services daily, and I have to commend
my staff for acting quickly and their great customer service this morning,' Mr Victory said.
Due to efficient action implemented by the Pacific Cat crew, the passengers from the 7.50am Nelly Bay service were transferred to another vessel and regular services are now back in place.
'Our services are back running as normal, so we thank all our customer for their patience today,' Mr Victory said.
About SeaLink :
- Ferry operations to Magnetic Island and Palm Island in North Queensland
- Retail travel agency and wholesaler in Townsville, North Queensland
- Ferry services to Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Retail and wholesale travel services around Australia
- Extensive cruise and sightseeing operations on Sydney Harbour